SALWAH BINTI ABDUL SHUKOR
Female, Age 49, Malaysian
Non-Independent Non-Executive Director
Board Committee Memberships
Risk Management Committee
- LLB. (Hons), University of Bristol,UK
- Diploma in Shariah Law and Practice, International Islamic University Malaysia
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
DATE APPOINTED TO THE BOARD
- 15 June 2017
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND OCCUPATION
- Salwah binti Abdul Shukor is currently a Partner and Head of the Corporate Department and Intellectual Property at Zain & Co. She has been with the firm since 1994 and was made a partner in 2000. Prior to joining Zain & Co., she was with Messrs. Arthur Andersen & Co., London.
- Salwah has specialised experience in mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, intellectual property advisory, and Shariah family matters including estate planning. She has been consistently ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global and Asia Pacific-Legal 500 in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions as a respected practitioner in the market, “rated for her sound technical expertise and spot-on legal knowledge”.
- Salwah is currently a member of the Bursa Malaysia Listing Committee. She also sits on the Disciplinary Committee Panel of the Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board and the Member Engagement Committee of Meritas Law Firms Worldwide. She is a trustee on the board of GOLD (Generating Employment for the Learning Disabled) as well as the advisory boards of Charity Right and Sultan Ahmad Shah Environment Trust.
DIRECTORSHIP OF OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES