SALWAH BINTI ABDUL SHUKOR
Female, Age 50, Malaysian
Non-Independent Non-Executive Director
Member of Risk Management Committee
Member of Integrity & Whistle-Blowing Committee
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) (Hons.), University of Bristol, UK
- Diploma in Shariah Law and Practice, International Islamic University Malaysia
PRESENT MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
DATE APPOINTED TO THE BOARD
- 15 June 2017
- Senior Partner and Head of Corporate Department & Intellectual Property – Zain & Co
- Director – National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (FINAS) Berhad
- Member – Bursa Malaysia Listing Committee
- Member Disciplinary Committee Panel of the Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board
- Trustee – Board of Generating Employment for the Learning Disabled (GOLD) and Advisory Board Charity Right
- Salwah Abdul Shukor is currently a Senior Partner and Head of the Corporate Department and Intellectual Property at Zain & Co. She has been with the film since 1994 and has been a partner since 2000. Prior to joining Zain & Co, she was with Messrs Arthur Andersen & Co, London.
- Salwah has specialised experience in mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, intellectual property advisory, and Shariah family matters including estate planning. She has been consistently ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global and Asia Pasific-Legal 500 in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions as a respected practitioner in the market, “rated for her sound technical expertise and spot-on legal knowledge”.
- Salwah is currently a member of the Bursa Malaysia Listing Committee. She also sits on the Disciplinary Committee Panel of the Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board. She is a trustee on the board of GOLD (Generating Employment for the Learning Disabled) and the Advisory Board of Charity Right.
PRESENT DIRECTORSHIP OF OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES