This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 for the parties set out therein.
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) is issued by UMW HOLDINGS BERHAD and its subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and related companies (collectively referred to as “UMW Group” or “we” or “us”) and is applicable to all existing and prospective shareholders and/or investors. This Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act, 2010 (“Act”). For the avoidance of doubt, all existing and prospective shareholders and/or investors shall be referred to collectively as “shareholders and/or investors” or “you”. Please note that the UMW Group reserves the right to make any variations and/or modification to this Notice at any time. Any variations and/or modification to this Notice shall be communicated through modes of communications deemed suitable by the UMW Group.
As shareholders and/or investors of UMW Group, we may process (to the extent applicable) the following personal data as provided by you and/or a service provider engaged by UMW Group and/or obtained from public domains, regulatory authorities, administrative authorities and/or supervisory authorities which may include, but is not limited to –
- your identity including photo, signature, name, contact numbers, email address(es), address(es), identification card/passport number, age, gender, race, nationality, marital status;
- your bank account numbers, CDS account number, such other information that you provide as shareholders and/or investors of UMW Group;
- video and voice recordings (including CCTV recordings and security recordings, images, testimonials, photograph and/or any other recordings of you as obtained when you are in UMW Group’s premises, facilities and offices and/or when you attend any of UMW Group related events, functions, activities and/or meetings);
- information relating to your shareholding interest in the UMW Group or any other companies;
- any other personal data that you provide/declare to the UMW Group and/or that are collected from you as shareholders and/or investors of the UMW Group; and
- any other information that you provide or are required to be given to become shareholders and/or investors.
Purposes for collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal data
Where applicable, we will process your personal data for the following purposes –
- to give effect and process your status as shareholders and/or investors of UMW Group;
- to process your request to become shareholders and/or investors;
- issuance of share certificates or securities, if applicable;
- to deliver, communicate and transmit UMW Group’s annual reports, newsletters, latest information and other shareholders and/or investors relation information and materials through modes of communication and delivery we deem appropriate (including without limitation verbally, in hard print, electronically or online);
- payment of dividends and other benefits to shareholders and/or investors, if applicable;
- to maintain, upkeep and update our records regarding our shareholders and/or investors;
- statistical analysis and historical data;
- execution of the relevant legal documents and instruments to give effect to your status as shareholders and/or investors of UMW Group;
- as part of the UMW Group’s internal records management, internal compliance and corporate governance (including auditing, internal investigations, compliance, risk management, conflict of interest reporting, management reporting, and security processes);
- verification and identification purposes;
- compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines, codes and statutory requirements;
- to provide you with the services or information requested;
- for contact purposes;
- to defend and/or enforce UMW Group’s rights under law and/or obtain legal advice;
- to attend to your enquiries and generally to enable resolution of a concern or complaint;
- to facilitate your participation in any of UMW Group’s functions, activities, meetings and/or events;
- administrative and operational purposes;
- security and access within UMW Group’s premises and facilities;
- inclusion in media engagement and/or any relevant or related events;
- publication in any printed materials, website, electronic media and/or social media platform arising from your participation in any UMW Group related functions, activities, meetings and/or events;
- to better understand your needs as shareholders and/or investors;
- for internal investigations, compliance, security and/or audit purposes;
- to prosecute, prevent, investigate and/or detect any illegal and/or prohibited activities conduct and/or transactions; and
- for any purpose that is incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
The information you provide is necessary to the UMW Group. If you do not provide all the information as requested, we will not be able to keep your complete record of information, thus affecting the UMW Group’s ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those overseas) –
- entities within the UMW Group;
- potential or actual purchasers, successors-in-title of the business or share (wholly or in part) of the UMW Group (including their advisers and representatives) as a result of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation;
- government departments and agencies, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators and to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law;
- third parties appointed by the UMW Group to provide services to the UMW Group or on behalf of the UMW Group (including the UMW Group’s auditors, solicitors, financiers, agents, professional advisors, share registrars and other such service providers);
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality and/or who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- any actual or proposed assignee, participant, sub-participant or transferee of any of our rights or obligations; and
- other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
4.1 Information Technology
When visiting the UMW Group’s websites, we may be able to identify you through collection of the following information during your visit to the UMW Group’s websites and/or the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed the UMW Group website, or alternatively, through your internet protocol (“IP”) address –
- the date and time in which you accessed UMW Group’s website;
- the URL of any webpage from which you accessed UMW Group’s website; and
- the web browser which you are using and the pages which you have accessed.
The UMW Group’s website may require you to provide a limited amount of information in order to obtain the services you requested and to enable the UMW Group to respond to your messages and requests. Any personal data provided will be used for its intended purpose only, i.e., to respond to your request for services, your messages and requests.
4.2 Links to other sites
Links to other sites may be provided on the UMW Group’s website for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement and the UMW Group does not control, recommend or endorse these sites and the UMW Group will not be held responsible for these sites and their contents. As such, the UMW Group encourages you to read the privacy policies and terms of usage of these sites prior to accessing these sites.
Access, corrections and complaints
If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or requests to access, correct or limit processing of your personal data, you may contact our officer below –
Tel: 603 2025 2025 (from 9am to 5pm on business days excluding public holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Where you elect to contact our officer via telephone, please also send an e-mail for verification and record purposes. The UMW Group shall proceed to address your concerns as soon as practicable upon receipt of your request. Any request for access or correction of personal data may subject to a fee and will be subject to the prevailing data protection laws in Malaysia.
In the event of any conflict between this English language version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.