TAN SRI HASMAH BINTI ABDULLAH
Female, Age 68, Malaysian
Senior Independent Non-Executive Director
Chairperson of Nomination & Remuneration Committee
Chairperson of Whistle-Blowing Committee
Member of Audit Committee
Member of Risk Management Committee
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons.), University of Malaya
- Senior Management Development Programme, Harvard Business School, USA
PRESENT MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
- Fellow Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia
DATE APPOINTED TO THE BOARD
- 2 September 2013
- Commission Member – Securities Commission of Malaysia
- Member – Board of Trustees of the Malaysian Tax Research Foundation, Dana Amal Jariah and Yayasan Allammiyyah
- Executive Council Member – Selangor and Federal Territory Association for the Mentally Handicapped
- Member – Board of Trustees of Alzheimer Disease Foundation Malaysia
- Chairperson – Tax Reform Committee
- Tan Sri Hasmah Abdullah had a distinguished career with the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) spanning over 37 years. She was the former IRB Chief Executive Officer and Director-General from 19 October 2006 to 7 January 2011. Tan Sri Hasmah had led the Malaysian delegation to several international conferences and also represented Malaysia on the Management Committee of the Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators in London, UK, for three years from 2007 to 2009. Under her leadership at IRB, vast improvements and policy changes to the service delivery system were introduced, in particular, refunds, which were made faster with the use of electronic filing. For the improvements and innovations that had impacted positively on the tax-paying public, the IRB was awarded the inaugural Prime Minister’s Innovation Award in 2009.
- Tan Sri Hasmah was also a Tax Advisor to PricewaterhouseCoopers Taxation Services Sdn Bhd from 1 July 2011 to 30 September 2013. Currently, Tan Sri Hasmah is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Malaysian Tax Research Foundation, Dana Amal Jariah and Yayasan Allammiyyah. She is also an Executive Council Member of the Selangor and Federal Territory Association for the Mentally Handicapped since 6 December 2014 and a Member of the Board of Trustees of Alzheimer Disease Foundation Malaysia since 30 April 2018.
- On 12 September 2018, Tan Sri Hasmah was appointed as the Chairperson of the Tax Reform Committee, set up in September 2018 by the Minister of Finance.
- Panasonic Manufacturing Malaysia Berhad