TAN SRI DATO’ SRI HAMAD KAMA PIAH BIN CHE OTHMAN
Male, Age 66, Malaysian
Group Chairman, Non-Independent Non-Executive Director
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Finance and Investment, Management & Science University, Malaysia
- Honorary Doctorate in Economics and Muamalat Administration, Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
- Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia
- Master of Philosophy, Swansea University, United Kingdom
- Diploma in Statistics, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Malaysia
MEMBER OF ASSOCIATIONS
- Senior Fellow (SF Fin) of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Honorary Fellow, Registered Financial Planner (RFP), Malaysian Financial Planning Council
DATE APPOINTED TO THE BOARD
- 1 January 2017 (Group Chairman)
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND OCCUPATION
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Hamad Kama Piah bin Che Othman was the President & Group Chief Executive Officer of Permodalan Nasional Berhad (“PNB”) until his retirement on 30 September 2016. He had been with PNB since 1979 and had served as a Director on the Boards of PNB, Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad, Pelaburan Hartanah Nasional Berhad and Amanah Mutual Berhad.
Throughout his corporate career, he had also served on various Boards of Malaysia’s largest corporations, among others, as Deputy Chairman of Sime Darby Berhad, Chairman of Chemical Company of Malaysia Berhad and Sime UEP Properties Berhad. He was also a Director of MNRB Holdings Berhad and Titan Chemicals Corporation Berhad and several private companies.
He is currently the Chairman of E-Lock Corporation Sdn Bhd, University Malaysia Kelantan and UITM Holdings Sdn Bhd, as well as a Director of Professional Golf Association of Malaysia and a Trustee of Yayasan Karyawan. He is also a member of the Board of Control of Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
During his illustrious career spanning more than 30 years, he had been involved in various facets of PNB’s operations, including investment and portfolio management, real estate investment and management, corporate finance and restructuring as well as unit trust management.
DIRECTORSHIP OF OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES