DR. WAFI NAZRIN BIN ABDUL HAMID
UMW Development Sdn Bhd
Male, Age 51, Malaysian
- Post-Graduate qualification in EU Competition, King’s College, London, UK
- Master of Business Administration, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Ph.D in Maritime Law, Southampton University, UK
- Master of Laws, Cambridge University, UK
- Degree in Law, International Islamic University Malaysia
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
DATE APPOINTED TO MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
- 12 April 2012
- Dr Wafi Nazrin Abdul Hamid was a legal practitioner in a leading law firm in Kuala Lumpur. He is also the co-author of the legal reference “ASEAN Competition Law”. In 2007, he left private practice to join and assist Petroliam Nasional Berhad and MISC Berhad in their expansion of maritime and logistics activities, before joining Malaysia Airlines Berhad, where he won the prestigious INTERLAW “Corporate Counsel of the Year” award.
- In 2012, he joined UMW as Executive Director of the Group Management Services Division and later in 2015, assumed the position of President of UMW Land Sdn Bhd (UMW Land). Under his stewardship, UMW Land has successfully completed the fasttrack construction of a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility for the production of fan cases for Rolls-Royce in Serendah.
DIRECTORSHIPS OF OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES
INTERESTS IN SECURITIES OF THE COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES (as at 31 March 2019)