MOHD SHAHAZWAN BIN MOHD HARRIS
Male, Age 46, Malaysian
Independent Non-Executive Director
Board Committee Memberships
Risk Management Committee
- Sloan Fellows Master of Business Administration in Leadership and Innovation Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Master of Science in Advanced Mechanical Engineering, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, UK
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering, University of Warwick, UK
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
DATE APPOINTED TO THE BOARD
- 15 June 2017
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND OCCUPATION
- Mohd Shahazwan bin Mohd Harris was an Executive Director in the Investments Division of Khazanah Nasional Berhad (“Khazanah”) until April 2016. He joined Khazanah in January 2005 and had covered various sectors, including Aviation, Energy, Infrastructure, Sustainable Development, Healthcare and Technology. He was the Executive Director overseeing the restructuring of Malaysia Airlines Berhad between 2012 to 2016. Throughout his career at Khazanah, he had worked across Asia and Europe.
- Prior to joining Khazanah, Mohd Shahazwan was with The Boston Consulting Group, where he worked extensively in the regional energy sector. Prior to that, he had also worked with PA Consulting Group in Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, and with Tenaga Nasional Berhad.
Mohd Shahazwan had also served as a Director of Malaysia Airlines Berhad, Pantai Holdings Berhad, UEM Edgenta Berhad, Opus International Consultants Limited (listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange) and other private companies. He is currently a Senior Advisor to Bain & Co and Corporate Advisor to Temasek International Advisory (Singapore).
DIRECTORSHIP OF OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES