DR. VEERINDERJEET SINGH A/L TEJWANT SINGH
Male, Age 61, Malaysian
Independent Non-Executive Director
Board Committee Membership
Member of Audit Committee
- Bachelor of Accounting (First Class Hons.), University of Malaya
- Ph.D, University Putra Malaysia
MEMBERSHIP OF ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“MICPA”)
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (“MIA”)
- Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (“CTIM”)
- Member of CPA Australia
DATE APPOINTED TO THE BOARD
- 15 June 2017
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND OCCUPATION
- Dr Veerinderjeet Singh a/ITejwant Singh has extensive tax experience, having been a tax partner in international accounting firms and having worked with the Malaysian Inland Revenue Department. He is currently the Chairman of Axcelasia Taxand Malaysia Sdn Bhd which is a member of the Taxand Global Organisation of independent tax advisory firms. He is also Executive Chairman of Axcelasia Inc. which is a Singapore listed holding company of various entities (including Axcelasia Taxand Sdn Bhd) offering integrated professional services.
- Dr. Veerinderjeet is a Past President of CTIM and was also the Immediate Past Chairman of the International Fiscal Association – Malaysia Branch. He is a Council member and an Executive Committee member of MICPA. He is also an appointed Council Member of the MIA. Dr Veerinderjeet also sits on the Board of Trustees of the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation, based in Amsterdam. In January 2012, he was appointed to the Commission on Taxation of the International Chamber of Commerce based in Paris.
- Dr Veerinderjeet has written more than 100 publications, including books and articles in local newspapers and in local and international tax, law and accounting journals. He has advised on a wide range of tax matters affecting cross-border investments, corporate restructuring, financial institutions, multinational entities, listed entities, and government and quasi-government entities and projects. He has served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Malaya and as a Visiting Fellow at the Business School, Taylors University. He is currently an Adjunct Professor at the Business School, Monash University Malaysia.
DIRECTORSHIP OF OTHER PUBLIC COMPANIES
- Malaysian Rating Corporation Berhad
- AmBank (M) Berhad